Saturday, August 31, 2013

Elza's Flowers

My final layout chosen, appliques fused in place, and zigzag stitching done; it was time to add the  lettering to the borders.

This time I tried all capital letters on the bottom border; however, I didn't think it fit or looked balanced. So, then I redid the letters I needed; and replaced most of them with lower case letters.
 

FIRST LAYOUT WITH CAPITAL LETTERS
 

CHANGING TO LOWER CASE LETTERS 
 
This change was to my liking. The last addition to make was adding some fancy buttons, once the quilt was finished.
To finish, all I needed to add was the backing, as I had added the batting to the top layer to stitch through both layers while adding the appliques. I found this worked quite well. I also like matching the binding fabric to something used in the quilt blocks; in this case, the inside border, as I wanted to use more of the polka dot fabric. 
 
Here is the finished quilt project. I am also working on a pattern, which I plan to add to my store in the coming month.  

FLOWER SHOP QUILT
 
There are two more quilts in this series that will be showcased in September and October. Hope you've enjoyed these projects, so far. 
As we once again turn another page on the calendar, into another season; hope your plans include a few exciting quilting projects. Cheers.
.....
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment